Friday, September 16, 2011

Heartbeats.

HEARTBEATS!!!

Today we had another appointment at the midwife clinic.  I had a physical and got a flu shot, but the most exciting part is that we got to hear the heartbeat for the first time! It was really fast and at one point, you could heard it overlapping with my heartbeat.  It's one thing to see it, but to hear it made me feel really amazed!  This is the real deal! The midwife (Abby) said that it sounded healthy and after my physical said that everything was going well so far.  Lorenzo and I opted out of getting the genetic pre-screen testing.  Zo had a good question, asking if they caught something in the testing, would it be able to be treated In-utero?  They said no and we decided that no matter what we will love our baby and we would rather just no do the testing unless they think there may e something wrong, so for now, we are holding off.  Our next appointment is October 14th, after we get home from Denver and we will be able to tell the sex of the baby in late October which is sooner than I thought!!  Next month is going to be busy and exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment