Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Love

Luke is fast asleep on his morning nap. That boy is stubborn like is mommy (and me), but he loves to eat and sleep. At what time he naps and when he eats, that is what he'll argue with me about. I'm learning how to be firm and cleaver with the boy. He needs to know that I'm in charge and he needs to know that it's the best idea. Dang, I sure do love that kid!

Mornings have been ours lately. My schedule requires me to work late. We've been making the best of it. We have our routine--exercise/stretch, breakfast, activity then nap. Today's activity was the zoo. We have a year pass, so we do the zoo a lot. Luke loves it and so do I. We saw the crocodiles today. There was a big one and two little ones. Luke said, "there's the daddy crocodile and there's the Lukie crocodile and there's the Riley crocodile". 

We're almost there... Riley will be here before we know it. My pregnancy app says he's the size of a honeydew melon. Just 6 weeks, and 6 days left until the due date. 

I feel a little guilt. I don't feel like I'm as excited about Riley as I was when we were expecting Luke. I think with Luke it was mysterious. We didn't know what to expect. All we knew is that our lives were about to change. Boy, did we have no idea how much our lives would change. Change for the good. Change that's been difficult, but good. And the love that's poured into our lives is immeasurable. This love is about to double. I can't even imagine. It's starting to hit me about now. We're going to be tasked with loving another human. A new life. Luke is already sorting out his toys to give to Riley. He knows who Riley is and it's super cute seeing his excitement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment