Saturday, October 1, 2011

Micro Brews (Root Beer, that is...)

Since I am preggers and no longer able to have a nice cold drink I have become quite the consumer of micro batch root beer and ginger ale.  Most breweries carry their own and if it were not for my underlying condition, I would probably never have really tried them.  I'm kind of getting into it!  My two favorites from Sunflower Market are Reeds Extra Ginger Ginger Ale and Virgil's Micro Root beer. 


 I tried a few others including an Agave (Oogave Natural Root Beer) which was ok, but not my fave.  I want to try more of the natural micro batch root beers, sasparilas and cream sodas and since we will be in Denver next week, I might search their breweries for a new one. In Albuquerque I would have to say that the winner of the best micro-batch root beer is Il Vicino.


 It has an amazing flavor!  I wish Marble brewery which is literally a hop step and jump from our front door would invest in some Micro soda of some-kind.  Bad Ass Brewery has a root beer that isn't bad either but so far, Il Vicino has my vote.  Just a random blog about a new hobby brought about by the kid in my uterus, lol.  Thanks, kid. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Yes. Maybe he will also some day enjoy a nicely made root beer or ginger ale.

    ReplyDelete